Image Map

Friday, 1 December 2017

Things I Am Thankful For - November 2017

Dearest sweethearts,

If you've been reading my blog this year you must have noticed the challenge I have proposed for this year. It's hard sometimes to see the bright side of life. Even when looking at a glass of water we tend to see the empty half, nor the part filled with water. In fact, all that is relatively as the glass is never empty - the other half is filled with air! So what I proposed was that at the beginning of each month we should think of the things we are thankful for.  It might be hard at first but you'll get better as time passes. Train yourself to see the beauty in the little things in life. Start with 5 things/Moments and work up from there ;) Here's my take until now for the month of January, FebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptember and October. For November, I am thankful for many things, but here are 5 picks:
1. Hearing Andrea Bocelli live with my Mum and Granny - Live concerts of your favourite artists are indeed a magical experience. It's a moment when you reflect upon your #bucketlist and you realise that you have cut an item out... I cut 2 at once as I went to the Andrea Bocelli concert along with my Mum and Granny. The passion of music and art has been instilled upon me at a young age and they are the ones that made me fall in love with classical music. Mum jokes that having me and my sister as teenagers was always quite a look on oposites: from one room you would hear rock and metal, from the other you would hear Celtic tunes and Irish fiddles and soundtracks never-ending... to no surprise is the fact that I got tear-eyed during "Maria"... Andrea Bocelli makes your heart melt!
 
2. Romanian Church Ceremonies inside the St. Mary Basilica (Mariacki Church) - I am grateful for the Romanian Community in Krakow. I know we are a couple of hundreds here but people just don't like to mingle with their own... there are always people who have "more important business", "more pressing matters to attend". I think that being part of a community means sharing and caring. I am glad I have met people from Romania whom have the same perspective upon life. I am happy that the Church Ceremonies now are getting more and more frequent and that we have a steady number - it makes me dream of further projects :)
3. Star Wars MARVEL Comic books - I am a huge fan of Star Wars, a great fan of Marvel and a rookie fan of comic books (rookie due to the fact that right now I don't own that many comic books as I would wish...). After a hard, stressful day at work, what better way to relax than with a story?! Now on the 13th of December I will have the privilege to go see Episode 8: The Last Jedi - we already have the tickets! Yet there are so many questions to be answered that I cannot wait... hence the Poe Cameron comic books I have devoured. What can I say?! Bring it on!
 
4. Krakow Christmas Markets - they opened up a week ago and will stay open until the first week of January. They are a constant during holidays and as soon as I see the tree being decorated o start counting the days... I can hardly wait for Christmas! Krakow Christmas Markets are the perfect way to spend time our with family and friends - plenty to eat (pierogi, kielbasa, gofry, oscypek... you name it!), plenty to drink (mulled wine, mulled beer, hot tea, hot choco), plenty of things to shop!
5. First snow - one thing that makes the world perfect again after a muddy Autumn season is the statement white coat of fluffy snowflakes. The snow that is wet yet strong and sticks together; the one that doesn't melt when it reaches the ground. The one that gets kids outside asap, all of them competing to create the first snowman of the season. The one that when you get out of work you find your car covered with a couple of inches of snow... The one that gets you excited about Winter finally coming! Are you guys ready for it?! I surely am!

Yours very much truly,
The Twisted Red Ladybug That Wants To Be Thankful For All The Lovely Things Life Brings Us